Saturday, May 31, 2008

Seattle Residents

We are finally in Seattle! At least Dale and I are. The girls will arrive next Saturday after a week w/ Grammie and Pawpaw in Houston. Dale, Kevin and Caleb arrived in Seattle safely with all of our stuff intact Thursday. They had quite a journey. My week has consisted of flying the girls from Nashville to Houston Tuesday night, having quick, but meaningful visits with my sister and old friends while there, and flying to Seattle yesterday. I've been here less than 24 hours and I've already been treated to two meals by different people, attended a wedding amidst the tallest evergreens I've ever seen by a lake on an absolutely beautiful day (This would be Chuck & Angila's, two of our church planting team members), and been to Lowe's twice to make major purchases for our house. And as I'm standing at Lowe's looking through an idea book for kid's rooms I hear "Well, hello there new neighbor!" I turn and it's Jeannette, who works with a lot of the church planters here. She happens to live close by. This may sound silly, but I was so pumped about actually running into someone we know already! What are the chances of that?

So, it's been a whirlwind and quite an emotional one at that. We miss our friends in Nashville terribly. But God is good. He's reminded me of all that I have to be thankful for, which is a lot: a new adventure, friends that will remain true despite the great distance between us, a husband that loves the Lord so much he's willing to obey no matter what, Hannah and Kaitlyn - enough said, a family that supports us, a God that is providing what we need every day.... We couldn't ask for more.

Well, Dale and I are taking this opportunity to go see a move - Prince Caspian! I'll post some pictures and a funny story later.

No comments: